Long Island, New York Scuba Diving

Our Long Island Scuba diving adventures and events

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Gus Bricker, Dogfish Scuba,Information for students who did not recieve their PADI certification cards

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to set the record strait as far as my instructor status is concerned. As you know I had to close my shop due to economic reason. This happen very fast and we had every intention of re-opening at another location. After much consideration I felt it would be better to have fewer successful shops instead of a lot of unsuccessful ones and since I have other means of making a living I decided not to re-open, but instead support the shops that have been friendly to me in the past such as LI Scuba and Ocean Rock. The dive industries is very competitive and many shops feel threatened by any competing shop. They often go out of their way to do anything to hurt competitors I don't think I have to tell you this. Any way that's water under the bridge I wish every shop much success.

I found out about the trouble with my instructor rating when I received a letter from PADI's QA Dept. a few months ago stating I had not been renewed or paid my insurance for 2004/2005 season (of course after trying to submit certifications.) This was supposed to be taken care of by my book keeper at the dive shop. After looking into this matter I found out that they never paid PADI ( no big surprise) I have responded to PADI's QA letter and hope to resolve this matter soon. If any dive shop has contact with any former students that need to complete their certification they can contact me via dogfishdivers@aol.com, or my home number 631-231-8510. My cell which should be working soon is 631-387-3855. I will certainly offer any former student who can not wait for me to get this matter resolved a refund. I will let my past record stand for it's self.. I have certified thousands of divers, donated my time to such groups as The boy Scouts of American, Cleary school for the Deaf,and countless others often providing scuba lessons for no or little cost. I have extended myself at no cost to students working with them when they had problems at no extra cost. I have spent many hours working working for LIDA, I've founded "The Dive Club" about 15 years ago and have promoted Long Island diving every chance I get. I truly enjoyed teaching scuba but under the circumstances am considering no longer teaching and would advise any instructors thinking about opening their own shop to forget it, it's not worth it. I've been teaching about 20yrs and it is unfortunate that some individuals would trash me instead of giving me some professional courtesy and trying to get in touch with me. I think it's just another way for the dive shop owner to get money out of a customer.



Thanks Again

Gus Bricker

2 Comments:

  • At 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gus,

    I just wanted to thank you for your time and devotion to my wife and I. You have made a huge impacting influence with my wife back into thinking about diving. Since diving is my life, it has made a huge difference for me. You have encouraged me to seek greater depths and have been honest to your word. I am sorry for calling you so many times.
    I think you are very right about other dive shops trashing your name only to encourage bussiness for themselves.

    Thanks again,

    Your friend,

    Jason

     
  • At 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gus,

    I just wanted to thank you for your time and devotion to my wife and I. You have made a huge impacting influence with my wife back into thinking about diving. Since diving is my life, it has made a huge difference for me. You have encouraged me to seek greater depths and have been honest to your word. I am sorry for calling you so many times.
    I think you are very right about other dive shops trashing your name only to encourage bussiness for themselves.

    Thanks again,

    Your friend,

    Jason

     

Post a Comment

<< Home