Long Island, New York Scuba Diving

Our Long Island Scuba diving adventures and events

Monday, February 28, 2005

Spearfishing in Long Island Sound (early spring)

Getting geared up for springtime flatties (flounder). the still quiet harbors on the north shore should yeild some nice action this spring. Once this snow breaks I am heading over to Setauket and Mt. Sinai Harbor for a little diving and hopefuly some flounder fillets. I also think I should pay a visit to my favorite clam spot for some cherry stones. Gotta love scuba diving for dinner in the early spring it's like going to thye market and just picking the things you like. Clams, Mussels and floundr and maybe even a few wintering rock crabs and some channel whelk to round out a really nice meal. Yummy yum. By the time I finish eating it will be Striper season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home